Friday, March 18, 2011

My recycling ways

Maybe it is because I have been through some rough financial times in my life, but I am always searching for new ideas of how to use those things we usually throw away or find in nature.  

The Captain and I went shopping today and saw the cutest wind chimes made out of shells.  It was a very simple design and we stood in the isle of the store looking at every angle of it to see how it was made.  They wanted something like $10.00 for something that would cost us nothing from stuff we have at home.  I love wind chimes . . . the sounds can be so soothing.

While my recycling ways teamed up with a little creativity can be a gift of making something for nothing, they can also be a curse.  What to do with all that stuff that you will find another use for on another day?

This week has been about throwing out stuff . . . spring cleaning.  What is funny is when one of us decides something needs to be tossed out, the other wants to keep it!  We still managed to gather quite a few trash bags of stuff to toss out . . . it is a start!

Have an awesome weekend :)




New blog posts . . .


LaBelladiva
Funky Recycled Necklace
If you are into recycling, making  your own unique,
different jewelry that is bold, wild and funky,
you must check this out!





Subtropical Gardening
Paver Borders and Walkways






No comments: