Saturday, September 3, 2011

Silly me . . .


I'm celebrating my first week as The Captain's wife :-) . . . yes, it is ok to call me a romantic fool because I am!


We have spent most of the week sitting in governmental agency offices . . . officially changing my name.  WOW I had forgotten about all the bureaucratic red tape involved with getting married.  And we still aren't done.


By far the biggest nightmare was updating my driver's license.  OMG . . . it took HOURS of sitting and waiting and then the process itself was very ponderous.  Good thing I'm organized and was ready with more than enough paperwork . . . each piece of paper was scrutinized and then verified by yet another person.  By the time they took my photo for the new license, I felt like a criminal taking a mug shot.


Trying to get a fishing license proved to be yet another ponderous procedure although it was the same office, same computer system . . . however, being that only SOME of my paperwork is in my new name and their database had not yet updated . . . NO FISHING LICENSE after sitting and waiting for another period of time and then trying to get it processed.


We spent all afternoon in that one office . . . and I'm not the most patient person, especially without a cigarette all that time!


I would do it all again . . . I love being The Captain's wife :)  


Have an awesome Labor Day weekend everybody!




4 comments:

The Desert Rocks said...

Congratulations Mrs. Captain. No more Alfani, huh? LOL Looks like you have to change your blog too!

Gina Alfani said...

LOL!!! That is what he said :)

Mrs. Captain thanks you very much!!

Pearl said...

COngratulations Mrs. Captain! Gina it's wonderful to know you got married:-) God bless your marriage.

Gina Alfani said...

Mrs. Captain thanks you so much Pearl :)