Friday, December 23, 2011

Early Christmas


Today has been a very special day!

The Captain and I decided that it was time to bring
a sweet baby cat into our lives for Christmas.  After
checking out the photos on the local animal shelter
website, we picked out which baby we wanted and
called to make sure she was still available before
driving out there.

The animal shelter was a very busy place today with
all the moms and dads looking to bring a sweet little 
pet home for the holidays.  We were there for hours,
but it was such a pleasant place to be with all the
happy families leaving with their new babies.

It was love at first sight (or was it second sight?) when
they took us to Mimi's cage for a visit.  She came to
us with no problem, didn't mind being handled and
has the cutest little face.  I'll be taking photos and
posting them soon.

Mimi is 1 1/2 years old and has the prettiest green
eyes, black and brown fur with a white chest and feet.
She is a beautiful kitty on the smallish side, very well
behaved and not freaked out with her new surroundings.
I love the way she clung to me on the drive home :)

Christmas definitely came early and we are so
happy with the new addition to our family!




2 comments:

Dolly's Daily Diary said...

So sweet, congrats on your addition to the Family, my Cat is a great companion and I'm sure yours will be too. I like her name too, that is what my grand kids call me!
Janet :)

Gina Alfani said...

awww that is a sweet name that your grand kids call you!! I love that name :)

Mimi is a very sweet and lovable cat . . . she is going to make an awesome companion!

Hope your Christmas was wonderful Janet!