Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Happenings recap

What a couple of months it has been!  It has been one thing after another with The Captain going in for surgery, slow recovery, then back in the hospital . . . he's finally been released by the doctor to go back to work.


In the midst of all of this, the van decided to die on us after being stranded several times.  It happened the day The Captain had a doctor's appointment to get his release to go back to work . . . had to reschedule the appointment and prolong his going back to work.  At least she warned us, but we didn't want to hear it and didn't listen . . . anyway, she's back on the road again, good as new!


The pet wars have continued, although they seem to be trying to tolerate each other.  I didn't realize how difficult it would be to introduce a new doggie to a cat who is very spoiled.  Mimi has not been amused at all by Kiki.  At least they can now be in the same room without a lot of barking and hissing going on.  What a relief!  My girls have been just what I needed through these months.  They are both sweetness and love :))))


The good news is that my knees are a bit better since I have been determined to exercise them more.  Hopefully I will not need the knee replacements . . . I'm really sick of hospitals, even as a visitor.  There is no way I want to be a patient who has lots of physical therapy to look forward to.


I'm slowly getting back to posting to my blogs . . . I just didn't have the energy or the focus to concentrate, but it is coming back!  Guess it had a lot to do with our strange sleep schedule throughout his recovery . . . my days and nights are really mixed up at the moment.


Hope that spring has brought you guys lots of sunshine and smiles . . . it is already hot hot hot in Tampa.  This past weekend is when I first noticed that the humidity is starting to get thick and the storms have already started.  Summer has arrived in Florida!








No comments: