New home page for my blogs!


Sunday, December 1, 2013

Awesome Thanksgiving Week


The Captain and I packed a bag or two for ourselves and Kiki and off we went to spend some time with my mom.  It was nice to not experience anxiety over not having running water and a general mess I have grown weary of dealing with.  My mom's house became more of a relaxing vacation retreat and we stayed longer than expected as we luxuriated in "normal" surroundings. 

We really enjoyed visiting with my brother and his family on Thanksgiving Day.  The food was awesome and we had a very satisfying pig out day compliments of my sister-in-law and her mother, who are excellent cooks.  It was a beautiful day to hang out on the screened porch and savor the gorgeous Florida weather, although there was a bit of a nip in the air.

The only negative aspect of staying at mom's house is no internet, although it was nice to get away from behind the monitor and do silly stuff like play cards.

Yes, it was difficult to come back home to less than comfortable surroundings, but life circumstances are not always pleasant.  The Captain ordered the necessary materials to work toward getting the well working again and everything should come in by the end of the week.  Hopefully, we will have running water by Christmas!









No comments: