Saturday, November 26, 2016

Cinco de Mayo 2014



ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED MAY 2014
IN LABELLADIVA.COM


Got plans for the big party day?  The Captain and I will prepare a special meal and spend a quiet day at home.
We have continued planning and working toward our economical grocery plan which will include freezer meals.  It will be fun getting this all together with marathon cooking sessions to make other days easy and convenient.
Some of the recipes I have posted in the past couple of days . . . Roasted Red Pepper Pasta which is a basic recipe with lots of variation possibilities, Refried Beans that we will use for making lots of taquitos and burritos for the freezer, Linguine With Shrimp and Artichokes which is a total departure from the usual shrimp pasta dishes I make since The Captain keeps telling me how much he knows I will love artichokes that I’ve never eaten before.  Pasta dishes have been and will continue to be great grocery budget stretchers in our kitchen!
Blue Cheese and Chive Dip from Tyler Florence sounds like a dip that I will really enjoy since I love blue cheese dressing so much!  And a totally decadent pie I found that we will be enjoying very soon,Kentucky Chocolate and Walnut Pie . . . that is my treat!!
As more and more time goes by, we are all looking for ways to stretch our precious dollars.  One way is by doing our own home maintenance and repairs. Click here for an awesome website with tutorials for every type of DIY project you can think of!
My crafting friends will love the cute DIY Jeweled Clear Clutch I found online with a great tutorial!
As much as I hate to admit it, I wrote another “blah” post since I still haven’t completely shaken that ugly monster.  This too shall pass as all the other blah times have, but this one has lasted way too long!
Hoping you all had a wonderful weekend and are looking forward to a productive and fun week!  Whatever you do . . . be safe.



No comments: